The best meeting yet. Shawna and I are back in MN where we arrived at work today in -18 windchill. Ah, so refreshing.
We're working to get the month end done by 3:00PM tomorrow so transfers can be made by days end.
We are also breaking down the expenses for the meeting. The following offices should expect an invoice for their portion of the meeting by the end of next week: Restronics Northeast, Restronics Group West, Restronics Southern California, Restronics Northwest.
A couple of quick points from the meeting:
- It was mentioned that we could shorten the meeting and have more prodcutive conversations if we avoided the "numbers crunching". This has been the goal for 18 years. Unfortunately, every year we have offices that change their numbers based on conversations and recommendations that happen in the room from other managers i.e. "I didn't know that line was 7%" "Oh, they're expecting a forecast in the new ___ line?" The real solution is to extend the meeting - the Midwest has always done this but it seems the other locations are much more anxious to "get in and get out".
- I found it interesting that my credit card for the Team Building Adventure was billed thru MB Jones Imports (I went to the site and it's a picture of Michelle and some Polish pottery)
- I plan to finish my forecast letter by next Friday. The following week we'll send out the forecasts and each of you will get a copy of the Easy Braid forecast.
- I felt the atmosphere this year was more positive than ever - thank you!!
- The legal for Group West and Marla will be done by X-mas
- I'm in the middle of legal for SE and hope to get that out on the 19th
- Japan trader has still not responded to the "sell" request. Tomorrow I will send a hard copy request via Fed Ex.
- Year end is scheduled for Dec. 28th
- Talking with Fluke about Meterman and Amprobe + Fluke at DigiKey
- Haven't had time to do the Pomona breakout on DigiKey but will get to it - thanks for the reminder!
- Restronics Co., Inc. Board meeting scheduled for the Thursday before the FBR Open
- Technitool Restronics lunch at the house on the same day (BBQ lunch)
- Haven't gotten the info to Scott at Chad for the Barrett Jackson but he's been invited and excited
- Meacham committed to take Phil from Luxo.
- Still an issue with CA tax board and LLC tax paid by out of state "Members".
REStronics
6 comments:
Ralph - Thanks for the updates. The TT BBQ probably wont be until mid- late PM (early dinner) on Thurs Feb 1 - they are finishing up their regional meeting. They will have 8 people there.
Ralph Great idea. I think this blog will be great. Lets just be sure we use this for postings and not things that should be in emails etc as itll be awhile before everyone gets in the habit of using this. I like it
Guys, two things. 1. Cookson announced Alphas move to Mexico. Looks like were not the only ones. We should capitalize on their nightmares to come.
Also there is a quality issue on SOME LOTS of EM907 paste and R250A Paste. Its on a limited basis based on a thickening agent issue I found at a distributor. I was told by Kester that they are NOT offering a recall and are just handling it case by case. If you see it, find out the lot number and Kester will replace it. Again since its on a limited basis there is NOT a recall......TZ
Ralph, thanks for setting up the Restronics blog. should be a great way to keep everyone connected.
Are you inviting Phil to the BJ or am I?
Tim Glasgow
Wow what a great Tool!! Thanks Ralph, this is a great way for all Restronics personnel to trade useful information!!
Wow what a great Tool!! Thanks Ralph, this is a great way for all Restronics personnel to trade useful information!!
Post a Comment